Viva’s quality control department has set up a stringent quality control system for raw material, in process as well as final products and package materials. QC Department has two laboratories, chemical lab and microbiology lab. All staff members are well trained professionals, including Doctorate, Post-graduates, Graduates and Diploma holders, and have many years experience in related areas.
The quality control labs are equipped with most advanced instrument and equipment. Including:
- Gas Chromatography with flame ionization detector and electron capture detector
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography with UV/vis, PDAD and ELSD detectors
- Ultraviolet/Visible Absorption Spectrometer
- Infrared Absorption Spectrometer (FTIR)
- Atomic Absorption Spectrometer
- Potentiometer with pH Electrode
- Dissolution Tester
- Karl-Fisher Titrator
- Friability Tester
- Refractometer, Hardness Tester
- Specific Gravity meter
- Melting Range meter
- Texture analyser
The laboratory uses USP and AOAC standardized methodology for analytical procedures. We also develop in house methods for products and raw materials which are not included in USP or other official standard methods.
The tests we conduct here can be divided into the following categories;
- Identification: to make sure the active ingredients exist in the materials.
- Quantification: to make sure the amount of active ingredients meet the specification.
- Impurity test: to make sure the impurities, especially the poisonous impurities are below the allowable limits, such as: Pb, Cd, Hg, As, volatile substances, PCB and pesticides.
- Physical test: weight variation, filling weight, disintegration, Friability, tablet size and solubility,
- Chemical test: to guarantee the amount of active ingredients meet the specification.
- Stability test: to determine appropriate storage conditions and expiration dates of products.